Monday, March 11, 2013

Insurgent



Image credits go to Goodreads

Title: Insurgent
Author: Veronica Roth
Pages: 544

Book cover summary: One choice can transform you- or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves-and herself-while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choice swill become even more irrevocable- and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also haunting tried and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her new Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

Review/comments: I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with Veronica Roth in this book. It was full of me skimming pages, and I was constantly thinking, Will there ever be a good part in this book? Divergent was so good, and when I read this book, I was like O.o What. the. heck. happened?
Positives: It was full of action. Tris was very brave in this book, which made me like her more. Veronica Roth made me positive that Tris and Four are a good couple.
Negatives: I was bored. That's the main reason I didn't like this book. I was bored so so much. (No offense, fans of Insurgent. I love the series, just.. Not this book. Remember, this is my opinion only.)

Rating: ★★ Unfortunately, 2/5
Recommended for: Middle school and up, people who loved Divergent

No comments:

Post a Comment